Thursday, September 6, 2012

SHE'S HERE!!!!

Emmalynn Rae Chant

August 21, 2012

6 lbs. 13 oz

19 inches

She is perfect! And beautiful. And wonderful!
She is seriously a great baby!
Anyways, enough bragging!
Onto the real reason you're here...
The grisly detailed birth story

So I knew I had Preeclampsia again for like 2 weeks.
So I kept going to the doctor and hospital
waiting and waiting for the signs to be bad enough for them to induce me.
I had been trying to go into labor myself but nothing wanted to work.

I went for my checkup on Monday August 20th and the nurse takes my blood pressure,
and she gets that look on her face
you know
that "Uh, Oh" look.
And I'm thinking "Hallelujah, hal-le-friggin-lu-jah!"
That sounds wrong but I'd been feeling so terrible I knew I was sick again so I just needed to be done. 
The Doctor comes in and tells me my blood pressure is high and with my history
(I had preeclampsia with Jax too)
That I needed to go to the hospital right away.

I go home, of course, ha ha
We get all our stuff ready to go
My mom comes and gets Jax
And off we go!
Hallelujah!

They monitor me for a little bit, take my blood, etc..
The doc on call looks at everything and says...
Let's induce her!
Yipee!!!
I definitely cried when they told me that!
Seriously relief isn't a strong enough word for how I felt.
It's terrible when you know you're sick and the docs won't listen!

Anyways,
They get me into my room and do the first gel thing to ripen my cervix at 3:15.
Not much happened I ddin't feel too many contractions I only went from a 3 to a 4.
They wouldn't let me walk around because my BP was too high
Next gel came at 5:15.
I had ordered dinner and was going to try to start eating
BAM!!!
Holy contractions!
I couldn't eat, and wowzers they hurt.
According to the nurse they weren't even a minute apart
They felt like there was no time in between to me. 

So they finally let me get up and walk around at 6:30 to 7 to see if that will help calm the contractions down, at this point they were worried so many contractions would stress the baby.
So it takes me the entire half hour to walk halfway around my floor. 
Poor Kyle was so bored walking around with me. ha ha 
The storm did look pretty cool from the hospital window though.

We go back to the room and the nurse orders the epidural.
I get the wonderful, beautiful, pain meds at 7:15.
I was at a 6 by this point.
So now I try to rest and so does Kyle.
But of course I don't. 
Despite pain meds I'm still super uncomfortable.

At 1 a.m. the nurse comes in to check me.
I'm a 7.
What in the world?
I'm only a stinking 7, what have all these stupid contractions been doing!
I knew and the nurse knew that I just needed my water broken to get the show on the road!
So the doc comes in a few minutes later and breaks my dang water!
Within a few minutes I'm super uncomfortable but i just think it's because the epidural isn't making it to my left side.
By about 1:35 the pain is so intense and I can't talk that Kyle calls the nurse in.
She just says she'll check me, all non chalant.
Wha-What...
I'm at a 10!
Yep, I was uncomfortable because I needed to push!
Definitely just needed my water broken.

It took the doctor forever to set up everything and get there.
The nurse is just standing there by me telling me to breath through the contractions.
And I'm yelling in my head "You Son of a B****" 
( you'll get that better if you watch How I met your Mother) 

Seriously I just wanted to push gosh dang it!

Finally the doctor is ready and they say I can push. 
Well by now I'm all tired from not pushing so I just don't wanna.
Ha ha 
But at the next contraction I push anyways,
Her head is out.
Next contraction her shoulders,
And Emmalynn was here!!! Yay!

Kyle actually cut the cord (which was surprising)
And according to the doctor, I was singing once I got her in my arms.
I don't remember singing but maybe it's just one of those things only a baby doctor would realize is happening cause me and everyone else are all caught up in other things, like the baby, and not paying much attention to me. :)

So All in all I had a 10 hour labor from contractions starting, 2 pushes, and one beautiful, amazing, and gorgeous baby girl!

Jax came the next day to meet her! He was so darn sweet to her. 
He was all shy and then asks "Is that, Emmy?"
I just about died.
He is such a good big brother to her. 
He always checks on her and gets all worried when she cries.
He has been a great little helper too.
He helps put the laundry in the washer, and puts garbage in the trash, he picks up his toys and he brings me anything I need (even water from the fridge).
He has been amazing and I am so proud of him.

I'm doing good healing pretty well and feeling pretty well.
It hurts a lot more recovering this time than I remember.
 Such is life.

Little shoes I made for her coming home outfit!

The completed coming home outfit
Emmalynn Day 1


Jax visiting in the hospital



Kyle passed out after a long night!

All Dressed up to come home!


Hanging out with her super big friend Graysen

Grandma Chant, Jax and Emmalynn
 Just a few newborn shots courtesy of my good friend Sydney. Aren't they adorable? The headbands are available in her Etsy shop.
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/polkadottedelephants



Announcements should be going out soon so send me your address if you want one!
I bid you ado for now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment