Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ah, to be poetic

So I have always loved poetry I don't know if I told you all this but I want to be a writer and I have just recently finished (and am now re-doing) my first chapter of a book. Woohoo! Go me! Anyways an exercise I try to do as often as possible is write a poem. So now without further ado...


A moment

If a moment could be just that
I'd take it
I'd break it
I'd smash it with a bat.

Like a crystal, slivers shimmering on the floor
Dancing in the light, glimmering with ease
I'd make a day of gathering each piece
I'd take millions of moments, maybe more

Gathered together the moments would seem
Really nothing more
than a nightmare
Or a dream

Placing each broken moment in a drawer
Categorizing the type it may be
A look, a touch, a small fallen tree
So I could look upon them ever more

To take a moment and let it be just that
Glorious, shocking, simple, amazing

I'd take it
I'd break it
I'd smash it with a bat

Chandra Chant

Yeah a little random but I've been thinking a lot about moments lately and how beautiful simple little times in our lives can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment