I feel like I've been saying this all week!
It's been a very long one.
A very, very, very long one.
It all started on Tuesday! Oh Tuesday!
I was sick.
I thought it was just a migraine that was making me really nauseous.
I had the flu. My stinkin' Father gave it to me. :(
I felt better on Wednesday though.
Next, I get a call from Kyle on Wednesday afternoon.
"Pray I make it home" he says
"I'm so sick I don't know if I can make it"
I was half asleep (naptime :) but managed to respond with
"Ok honey sorry."
All Wednesday Kyle is sick! Ugh!
P.S. Men are babies! Ok maybe not as good as babies (at least not mine)
Wednesday night dun, dun, dun!
I go to bed at 12:00. 12:05 I hear Jax throwing up!
A lot!
By 1:00 a.m.
I have done 3 loads of laundry
Run out of sheets
Not slept at all
And realized that I needed to sleep in his room
so I can help turn his head to the side to throw up every 15-20 minutes.
He was so weak.
And yet so smiley.
It amazes me how even though my little guy was so, so sick me just taking care of him and sleeping in his room made his whole world better.
By 4:30 I can't do it anymore.
Kyle and I switch places and I get 3 hours of sleep before Jax wakes up at 7:30.
We get up!
Ugh!
More like slouch up.
And are up for an hour before our nice (and simply amazing) 5 hour nap (with no puking) yes!
Seriously the no puking thing was a really big accomplishment for us all! ha ha but seriously.
Onto Friday
I have a Bridal Shower at my parents.
Kyle has lost his wallet.
(FYI he lost it because he always leaves it in his pants even though I tell him not to)
We search for hours.
Can't find it.
Leave home without it.
I get there a few hours early to help clean up.
I killed at the close pin game!
Yeah that's right!
Oh, and Kyle ripped his pants because he didn't listen to me and wear different pants ha ha. (Ugh, Men)
P.S. I hope you all know the Spongebob ripped pants song. If not I feel sad for you. I sang it for Kyle in my head.
I have to stay up until 12 to do the music for the reception on Saturday.
Then Kyle and I fight about something stupid simply because we didn't have time earlier in the week to fight about anything stupid so we have to fill our weekly quota.
We are up until 2 fighting.
Saturday: The longest day of the longest week ever!
Jax wakes up at 7.
5 hours of sleep is so not enough for today!
We start out the day searching for the wallet, again!
We decide that we will just have to go to the bank and get a temporary debit card until we get a new one in the mail.
Right as I'm getting ready and Kyle is about to get in the shower,
He finds it!
HALLELUJAH!
So we relax for the 30 mins extra we have now.
I take Kyle to work
Put Jax down for his nap and get ready
At 1 I leave the house to go to my friend's wedding.
Ok 1:15 but I tried to leave at 1! :)
Her wedding is all the way out in Maricopa City.
Literally an hour away!
Very long drive with a lot of singing kid songs!
Get there.
Help my sister Mandy get the Bride all ready.
She looked so pretty.
End up being an impromptu bridesmaid.
So fun!
Then there is supposed to be dinner.
2 Hours later
I'm finishing cutting the meat for carne asadas.
We eat (Finally!)
Now remember I'm in charge of the music but I also have to pick Kyle up by 7 p.m.
Dinner is done at 6:30 (half an hour after when the wedding and reception were supposed to be over)
Ha ha it was interesting!
We are getting everything ready for them to cut the cake.
I'm about to start the song (Eat it! By Weird Al)
I hear "Are they fighting?"
"Yeah I think they're fighting"
"What the"
Then the bride yells
"I called the cops you better get out of here!"
He he she cracks me up.
Behind her parents backyard is a little park and there was a group of guys brawling.
Very, very interesting!
They cut the cake! Yeah!
I have to go! It's already 7 and I was supposed to get Kyle.
Oh shoot!
I run around like I'm lost trying to get all my stuff (a.k.a all my baby crap) and get out of there!
7:20 I'm finally in my car and driving
By some miracle the drive to get kyle only takes 40 min instead of an hour
(and I didn't get lost, added bonus)
We're finally home!
I blog
He watches Tron
AND in about 5 minutes I'm going to bed and the longest of longest weeks will finally be over.
I think I'm going to take the day of rest quite literally tomorrow!
Oh, Dear will not be in my vocabulary for at least a month just because I'm tired of hearing it.
Congratulations to Samantha and Matthew.
You guys are awesome!
Oh, you poor girl! I'm exhausted just reading about your week so I imagine how worn out you are! I bet Sam looked gorgeous! I'm bummed we weren't able to make it to her wedding. I'm sure it was a beautiful ceremony!
ReplyDelete