So this semester Kyle has Philosophy 101. He hates it. It is the bane of his existence! He just can't grasp what they're talking about! So I've taken this class and I'm trying to help him out but he's being all difficult about it.
So last night I'm trying to explain to him what they are talking about when it comes to innate knowledge.
And I just keep thinking that he is completely hopeless!
He didn't even get how they were writing!
I sit him down and start to explain.
"Philosopher's are arrogant sons of B!+(&#$"
He just stares at me in confusion so I go on...
"They think they are the first person to ever have any ideas about such things as innate knowledge
(foundation to our learning) from the senses, from ourselves, etc...
They aren't the first to have these thoughts. They are just the first arrogant enough to feel the need to write
them down."
Still staring like I'm talking crazy!
"So when your reading something like this (I point to the chapter he's reading) where they are
essentially talking to themselves about their thoughts you just need to remember that you've
had these thoughts too you just aren't an arrogant son of a B!+(&# so you never felt the need to publish your
thoughts and make yourself out to be a genius."
He finally responds
"What's the point of studying about them if they are pointless?"
"That's philosophy babe! Just a different way of thinking and processing the information you receive."
"Ok so what do I do"
"When you read this stuff just remember that they are all arrogant, pretentious lunatics who want you to think like them."
"Arrogant, pretentious lunatics? Ok!" He replies skeptically "I'll try"
Point of this story either my husband is a true innocent and doesn't realize how much our education is based on guys like these philosopher's or he is just as arrogant and pretentious therefore didn't understand their motives. Ah ha ha
Men...
The Bane of every woman's existence!
P.S. anyone ever notice how there are no notable philosopher women?
Personal theory: We understand naturally the things men have to ponder for centuries to understand!
Ah ha ha
Just a little shout out to all my ladies!
Love, Chandra
No comments:
Post a Comment